21 July 2011

My Thoughts on the Trailer for The Amazing Spiderman

Basically, it looks crap.


The trailer looks too serious for a character like Spiderman, that's one of the reasons why I like the Marvel films like Thor and Iron Man, they take themselves seriously but not too seriously, this looks too serious. I feel like the acting from Andrew Garfield will be great, he's proven himself to be a great actor in the past (e.g. The Social Network)

There are two main problems with this trailer, one is the Spiderman costume, the eyes look terrible and the costume just rubs me off the wrong way, maybe that's because I'm so used to the costume from the Sam Raimi films that it doesn't fit Spiderman to me. The second problem is a main one and one that everyone has brought up, the first person scene. That scene looks like it's been lifted from one of the Spiderman video games, the buildings are obviously fake and the camera movements look like they can cause motion sickness.

I am holding my breath that something good can come out of this film but I wouldn't count on it until they show footage of Rhys Ifans as Lizard, then we'll know if it'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment