15 November 2011

My Ideal Cast for the Doctor Who Movie

Yesterday it was revealed that there were plans for David Yates to direct a big screen Dr Who movie. In my opinion I think this would be a really good idea, Yates got his start directing BBC dramas and followed it up with highly anticipated fantasy films, in other words, Yates is perfect to direct a big screen Dr Who movie. However though, the film will not follow the continuity of the TV series and start afresh, planning to introduce Dr Who to a new audience and will have a new cast. So, seeing as I now consider it a monthly tradition to do these casting bits. Here is my ideal cast for the Dr Who movie, starting with the main man himself:
The Doctor:

  1. Michael Fassbender
  2. Benedict Cumberbatch
  3. Noel Clarke
  4. Jamie Bell
  5. James Nesbitt
The Doctor however is nothing without his assistants, both male and female so here are my choices for:
Female Assistant:
  • Carey Mulligan (she is used to Dr Who, she was in Blink after all)
  • Mia Wasikowska
  • Emma Watson
Male Assistant:
  • Aaron Johnson
  • Jim Sturgess
  • Thomas Sangster
Whenever there is a Dr Who on the pipeline, there is as much focus on the villains in the series as there is on the hero, however the only villain who I can actually include on this casting list is:
The Master:
  • John Simm (I mean, he was so much fun as The Master in his tenure that I can't really see anyone else playing him as well, aside from)
  • Mark Strong
These are all the things I can actually include in this casting list for Dr Who, if you have any ideas of your own, post them in the comment section below. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment