16 October 2012

My Thoughts on the Carrie Trailer

A few months ago, I did a post going on about how the remake of Carrie looks set to be really interesting following the casting of Chloe Grace Moretz in the title role (see here). Now the trailer has just been released and I have to say, that's how you do a teaser trailer.

Now first thing's first, I haven't seen the original Carrie yet and I won't watch it until after the remake has come out. I don't want to see this film and be constantly reminded of the original, I want to go in with an open mind. That being said, I am looking forward to this film and the teaser trailer does what it should, it teases. Now it can be argued that it spoils the film by showing the aftermath of the prom but that's the scene that everyone knows, it feels like it is getting the comparisons to the Brian DePalma film out of the way so that it can show later how it's its own film.

With the cast, Moretz is a good choice but I want to see more of the film before I really comment on her, especially the scenes with Julianne Moore (who is perfect casting as Carrie's Mum after playing Sarah Palin in Game Change) and it is great to see a film about teenagers actually cast a teenager in the lead role.

Overall, I am looking forward to the film. It doesn't feel as horrendous as other remakes set to come out in the near future (looking at you Robocop) and it doesn't even feel like a remake, it's more like a re-adaptation of the original book. We'll see what the film is like as a whole next Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment