27 March 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer

My God, I thought my expectations for this film couldn't get any lower after hearing that Megan Fox was cast as April O'Neil. Literally everything that a trailer can do wrong can be seen here:

 Generic action shots? Check. Overuse of lens flares that would make people who criticized JJ Abrams for his use of lens flares apologize? Check. Boring voice over? Check, and this one really annoys me: It takes a special kind of bad to make William Fichtner boring, even in absolute shite like Wrong, Fichtner has personality, but in this all the personality that made him so great to watch in Heat, The Dark Knight, Drive Angry, The West Wing episode Supremes and even The Lone Ranger is absent here. Terrible effects that you want to be fixed before the release of the film but won't be? Check. The thing that I find terrible though is that this film looks to be a massive rip-off of The Amazing Spider-man, with April O'Neil (by the way, it looks like Megan Fox will be just as terrible as I thought) being exactly the same character as Peter Parker, right down to her dad doing research with the main villain of the film.

This film looks like absolute garbage. As much as I try to see as many films as possible throughout the year, this is going to be one of those films that I will try to avoid at all costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment